Thursday, December 23, 2010

Is Mannekin's Pis(s) hot?

Beep Beep...Beep Beep... Eyes red as blood, From a deep sleep I jolted out of my bed to see my Mobile flashing light at my sleep deprived eyes.A message @ 3 AM in the morning.I was gonna kill this person unless this message was something important.I opened and read the message with a pouty look on my face.

My face brightened.I always knew, an idea was a greater monument than a cathedral.But the kind of idea that this message planted in my brain was so awesome that, 'Inception' was immediate.What Christopher Nolan achieved with a $200 million dollar movie,this simple SMS, did absolutely free of cost.

When I was traveling in Belgium I came across this statue of a boy standing stark naked,holding his pee-wee and peeing into a fountain's basin.Legend has it that, this statue was put up there in remembrance of a young boy who was awoken by a fire and was able to put out the fire with his urine, in the end this helped stop the king's castle from burning down.

On occasion, the statue is hooked up to a keg of beer. Cups will be filled up with the beer flowing from the statue and given out to people passing by.Phallic Beer ?!?!?! Sounds cool? As long as it is cold beer, Mannekin and Heineken sounds similar.At least to me, they do.

The beer in the glass, was supposed to be of the same temperature as it was, when drawn into the statue from the keg.The Mannekin Pis being a bronze statue is able to maintain the temperature of the beer all through the urinal track of the boy and into the beer glass.Astonishing.

The point that aroused my curiosity later that night when I woke up reading the untimely message was this.

The message read, "Even if you are gonna drink ice cold water, you are gonna pee hot".

Water is essential for survival of life. The water we take washes and cleans our body and comes out as urine.Blah Blah Blah Blaah!!!! I knew all this.

With 12 years of my school education, 4 years of an engineering education and a 4 soporific long years at Software companies, I was not able reason out this message.I was stumped.
Simple but strong message I would say.It took me 3 long hours of surfing, to reason this out.Google,wikipedia,How stuffs work?!?!?,e-bay.com...

Everything boils down to this...
"Urine is hot because it is stored in the body, which has an average temperature of about 98.6 degrees. By the time the urine leaves the body, it is still hot because of the high body temperature"

What is the use of being a 'cool' guy if you drink ice cold water and pee hot?!?!
 I aint cool anymore :(

4 comments:

Ani said...

profound? that's a very small word when talking about your blog... profound....as compared to the brilliant use other words, such as soporific or astonishing...or education. But here's the deali-o. Whenever you pee, in spite of that being hot even if the input was ice cold water, you are gonna have to flush it...and therein comes the cold water all over again! Circle of life, if you will. And it is this delicate balance of life that global warming seeks to destroy...shame on CO and the refrigeration companies...but if not for them, we wudn't be drinking ice-cold water, would we? Ergo, we come to an astonishing conclusion - the refrigeration companies which sought to create world order and a circle of life in the first place decided to destroy it - all thanks to some bad CO in some company. I rest my case

Smitha said...

That story about the fire seems to be the inspiration behind Gulliver's attempts to put out the fire, eh.. wot a coincidence.. yesterday only I hpnd to watch the movie and today I read a similar kinda story in your blog..

hot or cold, this blog seems pretty cool.. you got me thinking.. if it was not for the comment by Ani I would have literally scratched my head off.. your blogs are pretty insightful as always.. :)it kinda makes one feel all drained out..

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will want to place a twitter button to your website. I just marked down this url, although I had to make it manually. Just my 2 cents.

Harish Sreedharan said...

@anonymous: Added a retweet button.Thanks for the suggestion.Happy blogging :)