Friday, May 07, 2010

More sins and desperation

The tower of Babel:

He went to the pub straight from work. This time he was carrying a bottle of wine Blanche with him. Before he could enter the pub, he was stopped by the bouncer.

"Sorry sir! You cannot take the bottle in", said the bouncer, with "I-don’t-care-who-you-are" attitude.
"It’s just a bottle of wine and am not gonna drink it in there", I retaliated with "I-know-you-don’t-care-who-I-am-and-neither-do-I" tone.
"Ya! I do understand .But we do not allow liquor from outside”, shot back the bouncer with "you-better-understand-our-rules-and-do-what-I-say" looks.
"Ok,Then do me a favor.Can you have this bottle with you somewhere so that I can have my drink, come back and take it ?" I inquired with "at-least-do-this-and-better-think-twice-before-you-say-no" tone.
"Sure Sir! We can do that”, he asserted with "this-is-supposed-to-be-a-pub-not-some-locker-room" looks.
"But please be careful with the bottle. It’s a very expensive French wine", I enounced with "Now-you-better-understand-who-I-am" tone.
"Don’t worry Sir. We will take care." he revealed with "w-t-f???" expression.

Meanwhile, in the dark, a train was delineating its way towards the city. The train was crowded and she was sitting near the window. With her black windcheater...err...That was not a windcheater.Who is gonna wear one in India, that too in Chennai, in the month of May. It was a chudidhar.

She was pressing the phone against her ears and was whispering something. She was smiling. The curve of her lips offered a lot of interesting angles as she was whispering into the phone. He was standing near the door watching her with a stern look. He knew that she knew he was looking at her. Still a long way to go. He could not resist the temptation of staring at her.

At the far end of the city, the night was dreadfully calm. She was sitting in the garden with her eyes closed. She had signed the divorce papers and it has been almost a year since she did that. But still she was not able to erase him completely from her mind.

One night, he was lying on the bed watching her get undressed. She changed to her night dress and came near him. She caressed his hair and bent forward to kiss him.

"I want you badly" he said with a romantic intonation.

After knowing he had had another affair with a woman at his workplace, she was shaken to the roots. She used to admire him a lot and she had loved him more than anything in this world. Their 8 year old daughter still knows nothing about what has been going on in her mother’s mind.

She walked out on him with their daughter, came to Chennai and started a new life. She got a good job with a very good pay.

A Very attractive, confident, independent, young, funny, patient, level headed and intellectually stunning lady.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step”. When people started building the tower of Babel, the Lord came down and confound the language of all the earth, and from thence he scattered them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

To be continued…

7 comments:

Smitha Gangadharan said...

Hmm. nice.. I like the way the story is buildin up.. this seems to be somethin to look forward to.. got enough masala there for a romantic thriller.. a guy in a pub, an attractive single mother, two strangers in a train eying each other.. mmmm.. 'n one more thing y is that most of the girls in ur blogs either wear black or white churidhars..

'n another thing I wanted to say.. please dont mind.. u started with 'He went to a Pub'.. in between durin his conversation with the bouncer He changed to I.. was that deliberate..'n later the bouncer was referred to as he.. too much of hes 'n Is can be a major put off sometimes.. Rt now you must be thinkin wot is she sayin.. has she cracked up or wot..


anyways.. keep up the good work..:)

Smitha Gangadharan said...

Hey dont mind my earlier comment.. I was just tryin to seem intelligent.. or was it the green eyed monster rearin its head.. gotta tell ya a secret.. when someone writes really well I feel jealous..

On a serious note.. I forgot to add this earlier.. there's this page on facebook called livingmypassion wherein they have these story writin contest 'n all goin on most of the time.. y dont you participate.. I read some of the stories that won the last contest.. 'n you seem to
be as good as them maybe more.. do give it a try..

Harish Sreedharan said...

Good observation Smitha!!! Yes that was a deliberate change.from 'he' to 'I' and yeah think ,those he's and i's are realy confusing...
Thanks for pointing it out.
livingmypassion!!! sounds good.But these days i do not write very often.And also i write just to kill time :)

Harish Sreedharan said...

And about the colour black,the reason is, i like any color as long as it is black :)

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

Ani said...

I can't agree with anonymous more...i mean, i seriously can't. If I knew who it was, probably I'll try to..but for now, I have given up. And to quote someone

"More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift" - Anon

ScrabbleFan said...

Great post! can't wait for this to be continued though haha, I can't stand cliff hangers =)